'Tis the season to be jolly and to give and spread cheer! But it's also the season for e-mail marketing. E-mail is one of the most effective ways to reach customers, build relationships, and drive sales during the holidays.
With the right strategy, you can make sure Santa arrives faster this Christmas with our e-mail marketing hacks. But before anything, let's see what e-mail marketing is.
Reminder : What is E-mail Marketing?
It's a form of direct digital marketing that uses e-mail to send promotional messages and build customer relationships. It helps you keep your customers informed about discounts, new products or services, sales, content, and other offers available in your business.
While e-mail marketing is a great way to engage with your customers, it can be time-consuming and a bit tricky to master.
But hey, by being consistent and following a few key strategies, you can make sure your holiday e-mails get noticed and deliver good results.
Why Do We Use E-mail Marketing?
E-mail marketing is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies available. It is a cost-effective way to reach and engage customers, build relationships, promote products or services, and generate sales.
By using automated e-mail campaigns, you can stay connected with your customers without having to contact them continuously manually. In other words, e-mail marketing simplifies our lives.
Plus, the speed of e-mail allows us to send messages quickly and get an immediate response; it may even help Santa get to you sooner this Christmas.
When Do We Use E-mail Marketing?
How about whenever we need to reach our customers quickly and effectively? E-mail marketing is the perfect tool for any business or brand.
You can use it to announce discounts, new products, events, or sales; create newsletters with engaging content; build relationships, and even drive conversions.
It's also an amazing way to reach out to your customers during the holiday season and make sure Santa arrives faster this Christmas.
When done correctly, e-mail marketing is one of the most cost-effective and powerful tools for a successful holiday season.
What Are the Benefits of E-mail Marketing?
Isn't it obvious? Just kidding. Here are a few benefits of e-mail marketing:
You can reach a wide audience in a short amount of time - with just one click. It is well known that 90% of people check their email at least once a day, so your message has a better chance of being seen and remembered.
It's cost-effective - there are no printing costs or postage fees involved. You just need to create an email campaign, click send, and you're done!
E-mail marketing is trackable - you can measure the success of your campaigns by measuring open rates and click-through rates. This will help you determine which types of emails work best for your business.
It helps to build relationships with customers - email allows you to stay in touch with them, keep them updated on new products and services, as well as give them special offers.
E-mails keep your brand top-of-mind with customers. If you send out regular emails, customers will start to recognize and associate your business with their inboxes.
The Downs of Email Marketing
What, you didn't think it would be all good news? E-mail marketing has some drawbacks too. Here are the cons of e-mail marketing:
It can be time-consuming. But it is worth it in the end. Creating a strategy that will work for your business and creating content can take some time
Not all e-mails will be opened or read by customers, resulting in low engagement and conversions. You need to make sure your e-mails don't end up in spam folders. If they do, it will take some effort to get them out.
You can get stuck on a plateau if you don't change up your strategies often enough. In other words, you need to look for ways to improve your campaigns constantly. From the design to the content, you need to keep innovating.
You need to know how to write effective subject lines and create attractive visuals that stand out in the crowd. Words are powerful, and visuals can make or break an e-mail campaign.
You have to abide by anti-spam laws. Yes, there are laws to protect consumers from getting spammed. You need to be aware of several laws regarding e-mail marketing, such as CAN-SPAM and GDPR.
Your messages may go unnoticed if they lack creativity or personalization. Unfortunately, this is a common issue. You need to make sure your messages are creative, interesting, eye-catching, and tailored to the reader's interests.
You might fail. And that is totally OK because you can learn from your mistakes and do better next time.
If you don't measure your campaigns, you won't know what's working and what isn't. It is a must to follow up on the results of your e-mails to know what is working and if you are meeting your goals.
How to Use Automation for E-mail Marketing
We can’t talk about e-mail marketing hacks without talking about automation.
Automating your e-mail campaigns is one of the best ways to make sure your messages are sent out in a timely manner and that you don't have to spend time manually scheduling each message.
Here are some tips for automation:
- Set up automated welcome messages for new customers.
- Use automation to send out birthday emails, anniversary emails, and other special offers.
- Automate product notifications and reminders.
- Create drip campaigns that are triggered by customer actions (e.g., signing up or making a purchase).
- Segment your list to make sure your messages are tailored to the right recipients.
- Set up automated cart abandonment emails to encourage customers to complete their purchases.
Automation At Its Finest
The holidays are a great time to use automation and e-mail marketing hacks. Here are a few tools that will help you get the most out of your holiday e-mails:
1. Automation Tools: Automation tools allow you to set up auto-responders, send welcome emails, and track customer engagement. They provide insights into your audience and help you create personalized messages that are tailored to their interests.
2. Email Service Providers: Email service providers (ESPs) are companies that offer a platform to create, send, and track e-mail campaigns. They also provide features like analytics, easy design tools, email list management options, and more.
3. Analytics Tools: Analytics tools let you measure the performance of your e-mail campaigns and see which ones are working and which need improvement. They also provide insights into customer behavior so that you can adjust your strategy accordingly.
The Best Marketing Software For Your Successful Campaign
Our top choice: Mailchimp - Mailchimp is one of the most popular ESPs and offers a suite of tools to help you manage your e-mail campaigns. It has an easy-to-use interface, powerful automation capabilities, and analytics to track progress and measure success.
Perfect for anyone who wants to automate their business: ActiveCampaign - ActiveCampaign is an all-in-one marketing automation platform. It offers powerful tools for email, SMS, customer segmentation, and analytics to measure success.
The simplest to use: MailerLite - MailerLite offers easy-to-use templates, great automation features, and analytics. It’s perfect for businesses that are just getting started with email marketing.
The all-in-one marketing suite that does it best.: Hubspot - Hubspot is a comprehensive marketing platform that provides features for email, SEO, social media, and more. It also offers analytics to measure success and optimize campaigns.
Best Deal: Moosend - Moosend is an email marketing platform that offers a free plan for businesses with up to 1,000 subscribers. They also offer powerful automation features and robust analytics.
E-commerce top pick: Drip - Drip is an e-commerce-focused email marketing platform. It offers tools for segmentation, automation, and analytics, as well as integrations with popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce.
More Services : 23+ Best Email Marketing Services For Startups
How to Choose Your Email Marketing Squad?
The team you work with should be experienced in e-mail marketing and have the right tools to ensure that your campaigns will get noticed.
You want to make sure that your team is knowledgeable about data tracking and analysis, design, copywriting, and optimization strategies – everything you need to create successful campaigns. Here is how you choose your team members:
- Find a data analytics specialist who can track and measure the success of your campaigns.
- Get a designer to create attention-grabbing visuals for your e-mails.
- Choose a copywriter who knows how to write effective, engaging content.
- Hire an experienced marketer who can optimize your campaigns for the best results.
E-mail Marketing Hacks to Make Santa Come Faster This Christmas
1. Start off with a bang - Create an attention-grabbing subject line that will make customers want to open and read your emails.
Clients have a lot of things to go through. You have to make sure your emails stand out from the rest and quickly capture their attention.
2. Leverage segmentation - Segmenting your lists allows you to send more targeted content to customers according to their preferences and interests. So, create smaller lists and target them with the best content.
3. Be consistent - Consistency is key for any successful e-mail marketing campaign. Set a schedule of when to send out your newsletters, discounts, or offers, and stick to it!
4. Take advantage of Automation - Automating your emails allows you to save time and energy, as well as tailor your messages in a more efficient way. Of course, you have to be careful not to go overboard with the automation. What do we mean by that? Make sure your messages don't sound robotic and that they stay in line with your branding.
5. Focus on personalization - Take time to craft personalized messages for each of your customers. Address them by their name and mention things that are relevant to their interests or shopping habits.
6. Use the right visuals - Images, videos, GIFs, and other visuals add a certain charm to emails. So, make sure they are used wisely and effectively. Use holiday themes. Holiday themes are a great way to capture the attention of your customers.
Pick an eye-catching design, festive colors, and holiday-specific images to make your e-mails stand out from the crowd.
7. Optimize for mobile devices - Make sure your emails are optimized for mobile users by keeping the content short, using a single-column layout, and including larger fonts or buttons that are easily clickable on small screens.
8. Include social links - Add social media links to your email so customers can easily follow and interact with your brand on other platforms. In addition, add a `Share` button so they can share your newsletter or offer with friends and family.
8. Make sure you A/B test - A/B testing is essential for any e-mail marketing campaign as it helps you understand what works best for your customers. Of course, testing requires a lot of time and effort, but it's worth it in the end.
8. Track results and optimize - Make sure you track results to identify which areas need improvement and also to get insights into customer behavior. That way, you can optimize your content for better results.
9. Showcase promotions: Offer special deals or discounts in your emails to incentivize customers to purchase from you. People love a good deal, so make sure you showcase any promotions prominently in your message.
10. Send multiple messages: Don’t limit yourself to just one e-mail! Increase the chances of engagement by sending out a series of emails throughout the holiday season to stay top-of-mind with customers.
11. Follow-up: As the holidays come to an end, don’t forget to follow up with customers and thank them for their business or loyalty. You can also use this time to ask for feedback and see what they liked, didn't like, or would like to see in the future.
12. Try something unique: Stand out from the crowd by trying something new or different. Maybe it’s an interactive email or a video. Experimenting with different formats can help your e-mail campaigns stand out and increase engagement.
13. Create a Holiday Sale or Promotion: Everyone loves the idea of getting something for free or at a discounted price. You can use this idea to your advantage and create a holiday sale or promotion. It will not only make your customers happy but also increase sales for your business.
14. Provide customer support: During the holiday season, customers are more likely to need help with their orders or have questions about your products or services.That’s why it’s important to provide them with excellent customer service and ensure that any queries they have are answered quickly.
15. Work with Klaviyo experts: If you’re new to E-mail marketing or don’t have the time or resources to manage it yourself, why not reach out to Klaviyo experts? They can help you create effective campaigns and track performance to ensure your success. Even if you're in the industry for a while, it won't hurt to have a second opinion from an expert.
16. Keep in touch: Finally, don’t forget to keep in touch with your customers even after the holidays. Send out newsletters or updates and let them know you’re still around. Letting your customers know that you care and are always available is sure to make them feel valued.
How to Write Email Marketing Content for The Holidays
Content is king when it comes to email marketing, and crafting the perfect message for your customers is essential to drive engagement and sales. To help you get started, here are 10 tips on how to write email content for the holidays:
1. Start with a catchy headline – A catchy headline is always key in getting customers to open emails. Think of a simple but effective phrase that will grab readers’ attention and make them want to learn more.
2. Incorporate holiday themes– Use festive imagery and language in your email content to add some holiday cheer. Think of ways to incorporate popular holiday symbols, colors, and phrases into your message for maximum impact.
3. Structure content – Make sure you structure the content in a way that’s easy to read. Use bullet points or lists to make it easier for customers to find the information they need.
4. Keep it short and sweet – Your customers are busy, so make sure your message is concise and to the point. Don’t include too many details, and be sure to focus on one main idea or goal.
5. Include a call-to-action (CTA) – A CTA will help guide customers to the next step and encourage them to take action. Make sure the CTA is clear and stands out from the rest of the message.
6. Make it festive – Put a holiday spin on your content by adding in some humor or pop culture references that customers can relate to. This will make them smile and make your message more memorable.
7. Test, test, test – Before sending out emails, make sure you test them to ensure they look good on all email clients and mobile devices. This will help avoid any embarrassing mistakes or technical issues.
8. Ask for your close ones' feedback– Before sending out a campaign, ask your close ones for feedback and advice. They can provide valuable insights that you may have overlooked.
9. Keep an eye on your competitors– Keep an eye on what your competitors are doing, and see if there’s anything you can learn or adapt for your own campaigns.
10. Find your tone and keep it consistent– Find a tone that fits your brand, and make sure you stick to it in all of your emails. Customers will recognize and appreciate the familiarity.
Best Practices For Your Best Holiday Email
Sending out emails during the holidays (all year round, actually) is a great way to increase sales and engagement, but it’s important to follow best practices to ensure success. Here are some tips for crafting the best holiday email:
- Never buy a list of contacts - This is a big no-no. Purchasing lists of contacts can damage your reputation and result in lower open and click-through rates.
- In order to encourage replies, avoid using 'No-Reply' in the sender's email address - It is much more effective to offer customers a direct line of communication.
- It is visually more appealing and less confusing for the reader if you use no more than three typefaces throughout your document. - Too many typefaces can be confusing and make the email look cluttered. Stick to two or three typefaces at most.
- Make sure to preview your email before sending it out. This way, you can catch any errors and make sure the text looks good.
- Include an email signature with every outgoing message. This is a great way to add an extra personal touch and also promote your brand.
- It's important to keep your mailing list clean so you're only reaching people who are interested in what you have to say.
- Always place your website's most crucial message and call to action in an area that is visible without scrolling.
- Include the name of the recipient in the email greeting.
- Aim to keep your email width between 500 and 650 pixels.
- In order to find what works best for your company, try split-testing various subject lines and calls to action.
- Add your logo to the design.
- Make sure to name your offer in the subject line. That way, it will stand out from the rest of the emails your customers are receiving.
- Include an opt-in form in your newsletter so readers can sign up to receive it.
- Write short but irresistible subject lines.
- Use auto-responders to increase website traffic.
- Always include a link to your landing page in every email you send.
- Take a five-second test to see how well your website fares.
- Make sure you have a clear, eye-catching call to action.
- Be mindful of the timing – Send out your emails at the right time for maximum engagement.
20. Enjoy the process – Don't forget to have fun while creating your emails and campaigns. This will make them more creative and engaging.
A successful e-mail marketing strategy is essential during the holidays, so these tips can help you get ahead of the game! By following these best practices and hacks, you'll be able to spread cheer faster this Christmas season. Happy holidays!