What are the main types of landing pages?
Which design to choose?
What are the best practices?
What are the important details when creating a sales page?
What color codes to choose?
How to improve your product page, your landing page, your squeeze page and your conversion page? No matter the name you give it: in short how to create landing pages that convert and sell?
What is a landing page?
Definition of the landing page: The landing page is a targeted and an optimized page about achieving a specific goal and conversion.
here are some of the common purposes :
Selling a product
Get a quote
Capturing an email
Offer a free trial
Up-sell or Cross-sells
Notification of a future product launch
Initiate a phone call ...
Unlike a brochure site where the user navigates the liking of pages to understand the offer of a company.
The landing page includes all the useful and relevant information here and now to convince the user to make a purchase, a plug contact or any other goal that you set beforehand.
Note that the goal of a landing page - beyond being beautiful, clear or representative of your company (which are subjective) - is not only "present" your offer but to convert.
A landing page aims to be constantly improved and optimized to increase your conversion rate. Anything that can make a user hesitation about the credibility of your site will lose sales percentages.
You do everything possible to keep your margins fiercely negotiating your contracts so do not waste your budget by losing those percentages that make the difference between a profitable business and a business flowing.
Optimizing your landing page can increase conversions exponentially. More leads for your business equals more ROI for your bottom line.
Types of landing page
clickthrough landing page:
These pages act as an intermediary between the commercial and the purchase page.
They can be used to highlight the arguments of an Internet service or a package of offers and refer to the appropriate sales page.
On this kind of page, the only clickable link is the call to action button.
Subscription pages :
Registration pages aim to get the email of the visitor and other details for participating in certain services like the Facebook page or other social media pages.
The lead generation pages
lead generation pages are designed to capture your name and contact email in exchange generally with a valued offer:
Free trial period for software, free quote, downloading a white paper or eBook, subscription to a newsletter, a podcast, a free template or excel file, registering for a webinar to ask questions to an expert ...
The contacts thus captured will be used to send advice and quality content by email accompanied occasionally with commercial offers, the aim being to educate the customer and to gain the trust to bring it up to the sale of a product or service
Be careful here not to bombard the user with email that are not related to your target/ , means if they registered for online marketing and you send offers about iPhone accessories , 80 per cent they will not land or they might unsubscribe.
Sales pages are optimized to encourage the user to spend to purchase and therefore include all necessary information to the customer to decide (delivery, price, description, photos ...) and arguments to highlight the offer.
In some cases the one landing page of type will lead a sales page, this is one of the effective landing page strategies now as most probably the first landing page will offer something free and build trust. Agree?
How to create a landing page?
A landing page meets, of course, the specifics of your business and your positioning.
There is still good practice to consider when designing or optimizing your landing page.
All key points that will be listed here are not intangible rules and will be tested one by one by removing or adding an element to determine what works for you and only for you.
We will see how to make these further tests in the article:
1. Would you give your bank details to e-commerce with spelling mistakes?
2. Explain the benefits of your offer
3. Answer all the objections that a user could have on your product or service
4. Use ventilated and concise paragraphs
5. Keep sentences short and punchy
6. Vary the forms of text: quote, question / answer, points list, the key phrase ...
7-Free of any spelling mistakes
1. Remove the maximum of barriers between you and your offer
2. To show maximum and test your product before purchasing:
a video of the product or what you will find "inside" of the pay offer (eg a tutorial on the tool), a demo, free excerpt of your book, a trial offer for few dollars , an online test without the need to register ...use your creativity here ; )
- First give benefits to the customers why he/ she has to register or to leave their email?
- If you use a contact form or email capture, remove unnecessary fields. Each additional field takes you (usually test course) opportunity to convert the lead.
- Do not give chance for user to click somewhere else aside from your call to action
- Make it easy for the visitor with well-appointed fields, an explanation of the expected information in the fields, a "tool tip" with additional explanations when the user moves his mouse, a green checkmark when the fields correctly filled…for example
- Use clear, visual buttons to validate the form.
- Remove all unnecessary links on your landing page including the header of your page.
- Remove navigation, breadcrumb, the link on the logo linking to the home page
- unnecessarily Outbound links will make users hesitant seeking additional information.
Images and videos:
- A landing page must apply to all users not to lose sales: visual, chilly, synthetic...
- The use of photo and video captures the attention of others.
- Add pictures and photos at once to illustrate or reinforce your point and make less tedious reading.
- A video presenting quickly and interestingly your top solution enables the improve the conversion rate.
some marketers do not pay attention to SEO when it comes to landing page, rather they will non-index them , but for some companies it is a must to think of SEO . thus :
Optimize your thank you page that is activated after conversion by offering something of value both for you and for the user.This bonus can be a link to a guide on your site for example or a voucher...etc
Yellow: optimism and youth, captures the visitor's attention
Orange: aggressiveness, captures the visitor's attention on a particular call-to-action button
Red: energy, created a sense of urgency, often used during the sales and in the food sector
Rose: Romantic and feminine, used for products for women or teenage girls
Blue: creates a feeling of security and confidence, often used by banks or business services
Violet: calm, quiet, often linked to beauty and wellness, cosmetics and anti-aging
Green: related to health, the easiest color to understand for the human eye, used in finance or entertainment sites
Black: power, seen as luxurious and sophisticated
Tools to create a Landing page ?
If the best is to have complete control over the creation, design and changes to your conversion page, there are many online tools to help you create your page: